Friday, October 1, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Dining Rooms

Today is Show Us Your Life: Dining Rooms over at Kelly's Korner . Please excuse the lack of decor since we just moved in July. I'm still trying to get it together and decide what I want in here exactly.


This is our dining room when you walk in our front door.


The view coming from our kitchen into the dining room. I love having all those windows for the light but it takes away my wall space to on decorating.


Closer look at my table. I wanted something simple for now. Nothing to fancy with kids plus that's not really our style. I found this table off Craigslist for $500. The couple was moving to Chicago and didn't want to have to take it with them. They had just bought it several months before that and had only used it twice. The 2 parsons chairs on the end I ordered separately online. I decided on a simple khaki color ticking with a stripe at the bottom. I was a little nervous ordering off line and not sitting in them or seeing the fabric in person but I love them. They add a little dress up to the table.


Up close of one of the chairs.


This piece was my husbands grandmothers who has since passed. We love it and will always keep it. Right now it doesn't have a whole lot in it and the pieces that are in it probably won't stay. It was just a place to put them out of the way for now. Oh, my Ireland decided she wanted her picture taken too. Hi Ireland.


This "B" I got at Kirkland's and love it.


Upclose of our valances. The previous owners left them and they stay for now.

This curio was my grandparents. It has a light in it. I think I'll probably paint this piece eventually. It's not my favorite but I love that it belonged to someone I love. We love family pieces of furniture as long as it's practical and we would use it.

Thanks for visiting. The room is a work in progress. I still have alot to do and a rug to purchase sometime for the space.





10 comments:

Maryann said...

it's very elegant looking!!

Heather said...

Such a beautiful dining room! I love it and the color on the walls. SO elegant looking!

~SHO~ said...

Love the floors & the detail on the walls! So pretty!

Blessings~
QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

Traci said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your red walls & all the molding. So very pretty! Thanks for visiting me & your sweet comment!

Melanie said...

Well, well, we have a lot in common! I moved from Florida to northern KY last November and now we are moving to SC. I am overwhelmed to say the least.

Where did you live in FL?

I love your walls in your dining room and LOVE your table. It looks like Hooker brand. Is it?

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love your space! It is very classic and simple! Looks beautiful!

Brittany said...

love the dining set & upholstered chairs!

Robin said...

LOVE your dining room, especially the moldings! GORGEOUS!

Thank you so much for your comment on my dining room too! I hope you stop by again sometime!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin
aka: Alabama Slacker Mama

Melanie said...

Send me your email addy and where did you live in Jax? I lived in Macclenny:)

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Hi- I'm a new visitor! I really like the red in your dining room. I used a similar color below the chair rail in my breakfast nook. I have found great items on Craigslist too!