Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Must Try Place


My friend Whitney over at Shanty2Chic and her aunt one day were telling me of some must try places to eat since my family and I are new to the DFW area. One of the places was Chef Point Cafe . This resturant is inside a gas station in Watauga,Tx. They said they have the best food and bread pudding. I decided to do alittle research on the place. The couple that own it tried years ago to get a loan from the bank to open a resturant but since they had no previous resturant experience they wouldn't give them one but would give them a loan for a gas station so that's how it came to be where it is. The owner and chef is rated one of the top ten in Fort Worth and they've been featured by CNN, New York Times, USA Today, NBC, Paula Deen's Magazine and a visit from her,and Diners,Dives,and Drive Ins. I can see why it's rated so highly.

Yesterday evening we decided to go try it out and it didn't disappoint. It was sooo good. I had some of the best fried chicken and mash potatoes ever. My husband had liver and onions for those who like that. They have a menu for everyone though and I've heard that it's all very good. They have burgers,pizza,pasta,steaks,soups,salads,and southern comfort food. We ended our meal with some bread pudding since that's what they're known for. It was wonderful. It's a must if you visit.

We're so glad we tried it out and now have a new place to take family when they visit from Florida. It's nothing special on the outside and looks like a normal gas station except the cars everywhere. So if you're ever in the DFW area or live here and have never been you must try it. You'll thank me just like I'm thanking Whitney and her sweet aunt.

No comments: