Friday, October 15, 2010

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day


Today I am celebrating my Baby Byrd who I never met or held. In Sept. 2007 I experienced a miscarriage which was one of the worst things I have ever been through. I remember my sweet baby everyday but especially on those special days like today or the date of the miscarriage or would be birth. It makes me sad that my children will never know their sibling on earth but I have the peace that one day we will all get to meet that precious child and I can hold him/her as a mommy. God gives me that peace and I'm so thankful for that.


Along the way I've met some amazing women who I've became friends with because of this and it blesses my heart to know them. We have been a support system for each other especially on those special days when others sometimes forget them.


Every single day in the Us 2,000 women lose a baby to pregnancy/infant loss. That's 700,000 a year, a third of every female in the country. That's one to many losses. So today I am taking part of http://www.iamtheface.org/ . It's a campaign where you can donate a $1 to those women who experience loss every year and give them resources in such a difficult time. You can add your picture and leave a "in memory of" for your baby.


So today I am celebrating my Baby Byrd and all those precious angel babies and the moms who know how I feel.

No comments: