Monday, August 2, 2010

Meeting Friends

In 2007 I met a great group of women online through Babycenter on a miscarriage board. My husband and I had just miscarried our would have been 3rd child. I was sad and needed to connect with other women who had experienced this. The board we met on we'd all miscarried within weeks of each other. We all became fast friends talking everyday. We eventually all got pregnant again and our babies are all very close in age. We ended up going to a private board for just us. We've continued to share everything from wonderful times to hard times,pictures of our kids, phonecalls when one of us needs a pick me up,and even trips to meet each other.

I had the honor of meeting Emily recently on one of our trips out to Dallas since she lives in the Fort Worth area. Our families got together and we had the best time. There was no odd moments with someone I had only talked to but just met. It was instant connection. We have since gotten the kids together to play at our house since we moved here. We live 12 miles from each other.

This weekend one of our other girlfriends from the board who lives in Atlanta,Ga. was here in the DFW with her family for a family reunion at the Great Wolf Lodge. We made a plan to meet Lisa at her hotel. So Emily,her husband,and 2 boys,my husband and 3 kids,and Lisa,her husband,and 4 kids all got together to eat and do story time at the hotel and just let the kids play together. My Ireland is my baby after our miscarriage and they each have a boy 3 weeks older than Ireland that is their baby after their miscarriage so we were anxious to get our babies together that brought us together. Meeting Lisa was just as great as meeting Emily and we all laughed and had a great time. It's like we've known each other forever. Our kids playing together and being close in age is perfect too. We had a chance to play with each other's kids and love on them also.

I've never met anyone from online before but meeting these girls was priceless and we've formed lifelong friendships. I treasure their friendships and love them. I hope in the future I'm able to meet the other wonderful girls from our board.

Emily is due with her 3rd baby in Sept. and this one will be a girl. Her first girl. She's having a shoe shower this coming weekend and I'm so excited to be able to attend something like this with a girl I originally met online and never knew I'd get to meet in person.
Brody, Zane,Ireland,and Zachary watching story time.
Our 3 babies that brought us together. Ireland,Zane,and Issac.
Ireland,Brody,Dawson,Ansley,and Zane
They were watching all the people below in the lobby here and waving to people.
Ireland and Zane running the hallway with each other.
My husband holding Zane
Brody and Zachary became quick friends.
Amazing that a water fountain was so entertaining.
All the kiddos.
Me,Emily,and Lisa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Aww, I agree with everything you said Debbie! I'm so glad to have you, Emily and the rest of the girls as my friends. Your pics are great and it was so wonderful to meet you and your beautiful family in person.

Lisa said...

Aww, I agree with everything you said Debbie! I'm so glad to have you, Emily and the rest of the girls as my friends. Your pics are great and it was so wonderful to meet you and your beautiful family in person.