Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Few Copy Cat Projects and Store Finds



I have seen tons of things over blogland that I so want to try to do myself but I thought I would start out simple and just do these two projects first. First I saw a cute laundry detergent jar holder made by Susie at Susie Harris Where Friends Become Family and then I saw a cute laundry definition sign made by Wendy at the The Shabby Nest. So here's my try at the projects.

Now for my finds. I found the cute little tray and lamp with my laundry detergent jar at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I got both for $16. I am starting out slowly to redo my laundry room. Its painted a warm green moss color and I want to lighten the space up some with maybe a blue tone or a warm golden tone yet not real dark. I then want to paint the cabinets white I think and then just finish up with some more knick knacks for the space but its a start. Next I got this cute bird originally for my laundry room shelf but its too tall so its for now on my kitchen shelf above my cabinets. I have space all around my kitchen shelves that I really need to put things up there. I got the bird at TJMaxx and just had to have it for a whole $9. Then finally Saturday I was out for a family day with my husband and kids and came across this cute birds nest at Pier One for $4.95. I wish I had gotten more than 1. I also got this cute door bucket from Hobby Lobby for $5 it was 50% off also so I got some flower stuff from Joanns to put in it for my front door. I think it turned out pretty cute. So there you have it my few projects to start out making things more homey around here. All the blogs are making me want to shop and decorate 24/7. I love it though.

2 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

I just wanted to let you know Fran and I have had terrible head colds. My son got it first and gave it to me! Fran's hubby got his shortly after and now Fran has it. We will be sending your sign off first thing next week. So sorry for the delay.
Just love all your doing. Isn't it fun buying and decorating? I especially love it when you find a bargain.
Have a great weekend :o)

Shannon said...

LOVE all of your finds! Your laundry room is looking great! I can't wait to see the whole transformation when you finish it.